The word ‘Informa’ translates to ‘informant.’ True to its meaning, Informa Markets is a platform that allows businesses to grow by connecting them to potential customers and exposing them tointernational trade practices. Businesses with an international presence use Informa Markets to showcase their innovations to a global audience and grow exponentially in the biz world.
About Informa Markets
Informa PLC is the parent company of Informa Markets. Informa Markets had its inception in 2005 and it has been evolving through various events ever since. Over the last fifteen years, Informa Markets has ventured into myriad types of events and has successfully carried out B2B events of varied scales. Today, Informa Markets is known to be the pioneer in B2B information and exhibition organizer services.
Growth of Informa Markets
Since its inception in 2005, Informa Markets has grown exponentially. It has merged, acquired and used state-of-the-art tools and technologies to grow to where it is today.
- 2005 – Informa acquires Monaco yacht Show and IIR holdings.
- 2009 – Four years after its inception, Informa purchases Euromedicom.
- 2010 – Informa merges Fan Expo Canada Events in its venture.
- 2011 – Informa integrates with Ibratexpo, Brazil Trade Show and the ITEC.
- 2012 – Informa purchases Canadian Exhibitions Business.
- 2013 – Informa procures a stake in the organizer of the China Beauty Expo, called Baiwen.
- 2015 – Charlie McCurdy joins Informa as the CEO. It amalgamates with Hanley Wood Exhibitions and Virgo Publishing LLC.
- 2016 – The parent – Informa PLC purchases Penton Information Services and becomes a member of FTSE 100.
- 2017 – Informa acquires WFX Networks, Calgary and Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expos and Yachting Promotions Inc into its business venture.
- 2018 – Informa and UBM amalgamate, intending to become the leading B2B Information Services Group.
- 2019 – Informa has a new identity – Informa Markets. Informa Markets is a brand launched to create a revolutionary change in the way exhibitions are organized.
Informa Markets has established itself as a multinational publishing and event organizer company. It has its headquarters located in London. Since its inception, Informa Markets has gained immense popularity, leading to over 44 countries. The multinational is supported and run by approximately 11,000 extremely skilful employees, who are sincere, dedicated, hardworking, have years of rich experience under their belt, and are the best in their respective fields.
Annually, Informa Markets hosts around 600 events. These events are for all kinds of businesses, especially for those who seek learning and growth tactics to incorporate into their business. Informa serves as a platform to connect brands/businesses with potential clients from across the world. All the events organized by Informa Markets are market-leading collaborations between several brands where industry experts from diverse fields come together to form a mutually rewarding relationship. They share insights that benefit everybody attending the exhibition. They know their respective fields in and out and have acquired international fame and recognition for their years of exemplary work.
Sustainable business practices
Sustainability in business operations and practices is the topmost priority of Informa Markets. Informa Markets employs sustainability in the following three sectors:
- Operations & practices.
- Thrive to do better and be future-ready.
- The impact created.
On digging deeper into sustainable business management, we observe that Informa Markets has the following objectives to fulfil in the coming future:
- Faster towards zero:
- Informa Markets has an aim to become a carbon-neutral company by 2025.
- It aims to drastically reduce the e-wastes by 2025.
- Informa Markets holds the resolution to incorporate all the required measures to become an organization with net-zero carbon and zero waste by 2030 latest.
- Spreading awareness about sustainability through their products:
- Informa Markets has decided to embed all its products with a pinch of sustainability. In this way, customers too will be encouraged to integrate sustainability in their business practices and specialist markets.
- Informa Markets has also decided to advertise and promote UN’s sustainability goals through partner brands and products.
- Multiplying the good deeds:
- Informa Markets has always aimed for making access to knowledge more convenient. It has helped people communicate and join hands through its ever-growing communities. It has the vision to reach out to more people by 2025 and provide them with seamless access to knowledge.
- Informa Markets has always believed in the power of ‘Giving’. Hence, it aims to contribute $5bn by 2025 to the cities that host their events.
Upcoming Events Hosted by Informa Markets
Some of the prestigious and most sought after events that Informa Markets will be conducting are as follows:
- CPhI Japan Connect from 01 March to 30th April 2021.
- Re-Imagining Malaysia Assets or RESET from 5th to 8th April 2021.
- SOURCING at MAGIC online from 01 March to 01 May 2021.
- Seatrade Cruise Virtual Health and Safety on 12th April 2021.
- Fi Global CONNECT – Regions in the spotlight from 12-23 April 2021.
- Design on Spring Break Webinar Series from 12th to 16th April 2021.
Informa Markets has successfully brought together the two chief pillars of specialist markets – the customers and sellers’ decision-makers. When you approach Informa Markets, you have the opportunity to meet potentialtarget customers, understand their needs &requirements, and harness a long-lasting mutually rewarding relationship with them. An event with Informa Markets ensures that your business is all set to touch the sky-rocketing success!